With the Union Customs Code fast approaching and launching in May 2016 our customers can start to reap the rewards of WTA’s AEO certification.
The Union Customs Code has been specially designed around companies that have AEO status by offering them significant benefits.
There are less than 200 freight forwarding companies in the UK with full AEO status, and WTA are proud to have had full certification in Customs simplification and Security and Safety procedures for 5 years.
Some of the special benefits and exemptions for AEO companies under the UCC are:
- Guaranteed reductions and waivers
- Simplified Customs Declarations
- Valuation Simplifications
- Transit Simplifications
- Duty Deferment Guarantee Reduction
- Option of Centralised Clearance (clearance in one-member state for goods where the destination may be another country)
AEO holders will also benefit from facilitating the swift movement of goods through ports around the world, as more mutual recognition schemes are agreed with the EU.
Contact us today to discuss how WTA and our AEO status can help take the pain out of your freight movements.