Brexit: Key considerations for your Exports from the UK to Europe
Brexit is just around the corner and there are some key elements that you need to consider for your exports to Europe from the UK, if you want to and try and avoid disrupting your supply chain.
- Have you registered for your Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number if you are a business that only trades with the EU? Find out how here
- Make sure you check your commodity codes and incoterms - https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff
- Decide if you want to get a customs agent or not.
- Depending on which country you are exporting to, you need to verify if you are going to incur import duties or not.
- Do you need an export license?
- If you use roro you will need to ensure that you've completed a combined safety, security and customs declaration before your goods arrive at the port.
If you would like a comprehensive outline of all the exporting requirements you need to consider, then don't hesitate to contact our Brexit Director Tony Butler