How to be to prepared for Brexit if you Import into the UK from Europe?
If there is a no-deal Brexit and you want to continue to Import to the UK from Europe, they are some key steps you need to take as soon as possible.
- Make sure you have your Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number
- You need to decide if you are going to clear the goods yourself or have a professional do it for you.
- If you decide to do the customs declarations yourself make sure you have the right tariff code for your goods.
- Check if you need a license for your goods
- You could also be entitled for duty relief on your goods, so make sure you look into this.
- Consider applying for AEO status
There are many factors that you need to consider when Importing goods into the UK from Europe especially if there is a hard Brexit. If you need any assistance with your imports contact our Brexit Director Tony Butler